A True Blue Manifesto

My place to vent random thoughts on the way it is and the way it should be.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

State of Denial: Chapter 7...

"Well Mr. President, first of all, I consider it an honor of a lifetime to be able to serve... But there's one other really important reason (why I don't care if I get the job of Chairman of the Joint Chief's of Staff). You know, ambition is important in people. But too much ambition, my observation, in senior military leaders is a dangerous thing... the military positions are first positions of service. And I think when ambition gets in the way of service that it's a dangerous thing."
-Vernon Clark to President Bush at the White House, Summer 2001 (p. 62)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a quotation from the book State of Denial by Bob Woodward. I will be quoting an excerpt from the book one chapter at a time until the November elections.